We are delighted to announce that we have a brilliant opportunity for someone with outstanding communication skills, creativity, attention to detail and experience of working in a premium or luxury business to join our customer team.
Established in London in 1991, McQueens is the largest luxury flower business in the UK. With headquarters in London and operations in New York and Korea, McQueens is ambitiously international, with plans to expand into other countries in Asia, The Americas and Europe.
McQueens provides a broad range of services comprising weekly flowers for hotels, restaurants and businesses; events at any scale; retail and online shops; and, floristry experiences for some of the most discerning clients and partners around the world.
Over almost 30 years, McQueens has established a reputation of being one of the world’s most visionary and creative design brands – followed by more than 190,000 on Instagram!
The job-holder will be a member of the McQueens customer team, with responsibility for managing and developing existing customer accounts and contributing to the growth of our company.
With a relentless focus on understanding our customers’ needs and collaborating with relevant colleagues, you’ll combine creative thinking, commercial acumen, attention to detail and outstanding communication skills to prepare presentations and costed proposals for our customers, as well as solve problems and mobilise colleagues when required to help us deliver outstanding customer service, protect and grow revenue from each customer, and continue to elevate our brand reputation.
The role calls for a combination of proactive customer development and responsive customer support – predominantly based in the office but sometimes going to meet customers on site or in their office. As a frontline contact for our customers, this ambassador role requires you to look and act the part at all times – retaining composure and professionalism, and an ability to be diplomatic at times.
This varied role requires creativity, planning skills, problem solving, good judgement, team working, organisation, attention to detail, an ability to manage time and workload effectively, commercial acumen, and excellent interpersonal skills. You must have either a creative background or a demonstrable interest in creativity or design.
- Responsible for managing and developing a selection of customer accounts
- Contribute to growing revenues and increasing customer profitability
- Responsible for anticipating customer needs
- Responsible for briefing and collaborating with colleagues in the creative and operations teams to develop winning proposals and find thoughtful solutions to problems as they occur
- Contribute to the planning of resources necessary to fulfil each order to the required standard and achieve customer satisfaction
- Responsible for producing beautiful, on-brand presentations and proposals
- Responsible for meeting with our customers’ customers to present our ideas or installation plan
- Responsible for promptly processing and appropriately managing incoming customer enquiries and requests – whether by taking action or delegating to a colleague
- Responsible for communicating with relevant employees to ensure that delivery times and deadlines are met
- Responsible for maintaining accurate and complete customer records
- Management and development of a portfolio of customer accounts
- Proactively understanding and anticipating customers’ needs
- Working with colleagues to develop solutions for our customers
- Preparation of presentations and costed proposals
- Maintenance of accurate customer records
- Handling of enquiries and requests
- Company ambassador – working with customers on and offsite
- Highly organised with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent presentation skills
- Creative experience or demonstrable personal interest
- 2-3 years’ experience in a premium or luxury customer account management or customer service role
- Excellent oral and written communicator
- Numerate and commercially astute
- A working knowledge of the flower or hospitality industries would be a distinct advantage, but not essential
Job Type: Full-time
Salary:£25,000.00 to £28,000.00 /year
- luxury or premium customer account management: 2 years (Required)
- creative industry or demonstrable personal interest: 1 year (Required)
How to apply:
Please submit your CV and cover letter.