We are recruiting for a part-time assistant to join our social media team at McQ HQ, right here in Bethnal Green.
This is an exciting opportunity for a creative, multi-skilled individual to help us share our ethos and passion for flowers across a variety of social media channels (including our blog). A flair for creativity is a must and this role would suit someone with a passion for flowers, preferably some experience of working in the florist world, and a keen interest in marketing, social media and copywriting.
McQueens has been established for over 28 years and employs a team of over 50 talented individuals across our shop, warehouse, contract, wedding, events and school teams. We have lots of exciting projects on the go so the position offers plenty of variety and opportunities to liaise with different departments within the company.
- Minimum of one year’s floristry work experience or study (preferred)
- Minimum of one year’s work experience in social media, marketing, journalism, or a similar role
- Ability to write well-articulated and engaging articles
- Good knowledge of the flower industry and flower varieties
- Highly organised and motivated
- Good communication skills
- The passion and skill to manage workload
- Professional-level verbal and written English
- Computer literate and basic knowledge of WordPress and Adobe Photoshop
- Basic photography skills preferable
- Managing social media channels including Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook and YouTube
- Writing a variety of floral-related blog posts
- Researching to discover content
- Liaising with all McQueens departments to inform new blog content
- Assisting and coordinating internal photo shoots
Remuneration is negotiable and based on experience.
How to apply:
Please send your CV and cover letter to Duncan@mcqueens.co.uk.
Successful candidates will also be invited to complete a written exercise.