We don’t know about you, but we’ve had quite enough of this drizzly weather. But take a quick look at our stock and you’ll find that our flowers are telling quite a different story! As we embark on the last weeks of spring, the shop is transforming with ever more summery varieties including sweet peas, peonies and fluffy heads of hydrangea in truly spectacular hues all the way from hot cerise to deep, indigo blue.
With that in mind, we thought we’d inject a little bit of much-needed colour into the month of May. So we’re unveiling for you a colour-popping trio of flowers created with some fabulous vases kindly provided by that luxurious homeware brand, Amara (you may remember that we were shortlisted for the ‘Best Company Blog’ accolade at the Amara Blogging Awards of 2017). We’re huge fans of their marvellous wares and we’re thrilled to offer one lucky reader the chance to win these three vases for themselves. Scroll down for details on how to enter!
Creating a colour-popping trio of flowers
This quick and simple design is an ideal way to bring some colour into the home, especially when the skies are grey! Create a bold statement by colour-blocking your vase and flowers with matching monochromatic hues.
For this display, we used:
1 x Amara Leroy Vase
10 stems hydrangea
10 stems hypericum berries
10 stems daffodils
- Fill the vases with water until they are about 2/3 full.
- Remove surplus foliage from your flower stems. This will help your flowers to last longer and discourage any bacteria in the water.
- Cut off 3-5 mm from the lower stems at a 45˚ angle to keep them open and absorbing water.
- Spiral the stems together to create small domes of closely placed flower heads, tie them off, and place each bunch into its corresponding vase.
- Make any final tweaks, place the vases into position, and you’re done!
Win a Trio of Amara Vases
We’re so excited to offer one lucky reader the chance to win this fabulous trio of colourful vases. For your chance to enter, simply email email@example.com with the names of the three Amara vases that we used for this demonstration.
One winner will be chosen and contacted by 20 May 2018. Good luck!
T&Cs: The giveaway is open to residents of the United Kingdom only and entrants will be signed up to the McQueens mailing list.